We are now booking flu vaccinations for those patients aged 65 or over and under 65 if you are in an at risk category
Please ensure you read the information below thoroughly:
You can only have a free NHS flu vaccination if you are eligible. Please visit the link below to find out more if you are not sure:
Healthy 50 to 64 year olds which the Government announced may be included this year should NOT book a flu appointment until we have confirmation of additional flu vaccination stock. You will be contacted later in the year if/when this becomes available.
Please note that if you feel unwell, have a temperature or infection on the day or just before your flu appointment you will need to call us to cancel and rebook it when you are feeling better.
Due to the pandemic we cannot have our waiting room open in order to maintain social distancing. Please be aware of the following important information before attending your appointment:
- It is essential that you arrive on time for your appointment. Please do not be early or late as we have hundreds of patients who need to be guided through safely during the clinic.
- You must wear a face covering when attending the surgery for your flu vaccine unless you are exempt. This is to protect others as well as yourself.
- You will need to wait outside of the surgery building until your time slot is called. Please socially distance from other patients throughout your visit.
- You will be asked to exit the surgery through a different door in order to maintain social distancing
- We cannot guarantee the weather and there will not be anywhere to shelter.
- Ensure that you are wearing loose fitting clothes in order to be able to expose the top of your arm quickly and easily. Please be ready when you reach your clinician.
Please note that we are unable to discuss any other medical issues at our flu clinics due to the large volume of patients who need to be constantly moved through the building.